CONSERN (COoperative aNd Self growing Energy awaRe Networks) aims at developing and validating a novel paradigm for dedicated, purpose-driven small scale wireless networks and systems characterized by a service-centric evolutionary approach introduced here as an energy-aware self-growing network.
The Self-Growing network, in its initial deployment stage, is limited to a single dedicated purpose (energy-efficient networking, spectrum efficient communications, control and surveillance use, etc) but can evolve/grow into a multi-purpose, versatile infrastructure, that serves a broader range of applications by utilising combinations of self-x and cooperating features.
The Self-growing network paradigm considers (i) mechanisms for energy efficient interaction of the wireless network elements and (ii) mechanisms for the reliable and efficient evolvement towards later lifecycle phases. The Self-growing system incorporates the network(s) as well as user services and applications thus creating self-growing solutions applicable to wide range of purposes and impacting various beneficiaries, Providers, Consumers and End Users.
Energy efficient interaction is an overall focus but is balanced with service requirements when for example a small scale wireless network evolves to an extended configuration by potentially merging with and utilizing collocated infrastructure to focus on a new purpose.
• NKUA SCAN CONSERN Demo 1 (10/2011)
• NKUA SCAN CONSERN Demo 2 (10/2011)
• CONSERN Experimental Assessment Effort (05/2012)
• University of Athens
• Huawei Technologies Duesseldorf GmbH
• Huawei Technologies Sweden AB
• Fraunhofer-Gessellschaft zur Forderung der angewandten Forschung e.V.
• Interdisciplinary Institute for Broadband Technology
• Infineon Technologies
• Interuniversitair Micro-Electronika Centrum VZW
• Toshiba Research Europe Ltd