He has worked as a software engineer for the “Greek Research and Technology Network” (GRNET) on the “GEANT2 Advance Multi-domain Provisioning System (AMPS) project” as well as for the department of Information Systems Design at the Hellenic Railways Organization. He holds an “Ericsson Award of Excellence in Telecommunications” for his M.Sc.Thesis and a performance scholarship from the Greek National Scholarship Foundation for the academic year 2002-2003. Since mid-2005, he serves as a researcher at the University of Athens, and has worked in the context of E²R, E²R II, E3, Self-NET CONSERN and UNIVERSELF EU-funded projects. He also serves as a University of Athens delegate at the ETSI Autonomic Future Internet (AFI) Industry Standardization Group (ISG).
His main areas of interest are complex self-organizing wireless networks, network management, cognitive adaptive systems, software engineering, mobile services, and financial services. He has more than 30 publications in International journals and conferences.
Conferences & WorskShops
• A. Katidiotis, D. Petromanolakis, V. Stavroulaki, P. Demestichas, E. Patouni, A. Kousaridas, P. Magdalinos, N. Andriopoulos, K. El-Khazen, S. Buljore, P. Roux, C. Beaujean, T. Farnham, D. Nussbaum, A. Kountouris, F. Marx. “Prototyping for End-to-End Reconfigurable Equipment”, Proc. IST Mobile and Wireless Communications Summit, Mykonos, Greece, 2006.
• A. Kousaridas, G. Parissis and T. Apostolopoulos, “Mobile Financial Services: A Scenario Driven Requirements Analysis”, Proc. 3rd International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies (WEBIST), pp. 151–156, Barcelona, Spain, 2007.
• M. Muck, S. Buljore, P. Martigne, A. Kousaridas et. al. “IEEE P1900.B: Coexistence Support for Reconfigurable, Heterogeneous Air Interfaces”, ΙΕΕΕ Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks (DySPAN), pp. 381-389, Dublin, Ireland, 2007.
• E. N. Efthimiadis, N. Malevris, A. Kousaridas, A. Lepeniotou, N. Loutas, ”How do Search Engines Handle Greek Queries?”, ACM SIGIR 2007 Workshop: “Improving Web retrieval for non-English queries”, 2007.
• E. N. Efthimiadis, N. Malevris, A. Kousaridas, A. Lepeniotou, N. Loutas, “An Evaluation of How Search Engines Respond to Greek Language Queries”, Proc. IEEE Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-41), pp. 136 – 136, 2008.
• Z. Boufidis, E. Patouni, A. Kousaridas, N. Alonistioti, and K. Nolte, “Architecture for End-to-End Efficiency distilled from Reconfigurability Outcomes”, Proc. ICT Mobile and Wireless Communications Summit 2008, Stockholm, Sweden, 2008.
• A. Kousaridas, N. Alonistioti, “On a Synergetic Architecture for Cognitive Adaptive Behavior of Future Communication Systems”, IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM), pp. 1-7, 2008.
• A. Kousaridas, C. Polychronopoulos, N. Alonistioti, A. Marikar, J. Mödeker, A. Mihailovic, G. Agapiou, I. Chochliouros, G. Heliotis, “Future Internet elements: cognition and self-management design issues”, ICST/ACM 2nd International Conference on Autonomic Computing and Communication Systems, 2008.
• J. Belschner, P Arnold, E Patouni, A Kousaridas, N Alonistioti, H Eckhardt, E Kühn, A Saatsakis, K Tsagkaris, P Demestichas. “Optimisation of Radio Access Network Operation introducing self-x functions: Use Cases, Algorithms, Expected Efficiency Gains” IEEE 69th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC), 2009.
• A. Mihailovic, I.P. Chochliouros, A. Kousaridas, G. Nguengang, C. Polychronopoulos, J. Borgel, M. Israel, V. Conan, M. Belesioti, E. Sfakianakis, G. Agapiou, H. Aghvami and N. Alonistioti, “Architectural Principles for Synergy of Self-management and Future Internet Evolution”, Proc. ICT Mobile and Wireless Communication Summit, Santander, Spain, 2009.
• R. Chaparadza, L. Ciavaglia, M. Wodczak et al. “ETSI Industry Specification Group on Autonomic Network Engineering for Self-managing Future Internet (ETSI ISG AFI)”, 10th International Conference on Web Information Systems Engineering (WISE), 2009.
• A. Kousaridas and N. Alonistioti, “Self-Organizing Cognitive Network Elements for Next Generation Communication System”, Proc. Networking and Electronic Commerce Research Conference 2009 (NAEC), 2009.
• T. Raptis, C. Polychronopoulos, A. Kousaridas, P. Spapis, V. Gazis, N. Alonistioti, I. Chochliouros, “Technological Enablers for Self-Manageable Future Internet Elements”, Proc. Computation World: Future Computing, Service Computation, Cognitive, Adaptive, Content, Patterns (COMPUTATIONWORLD ’09), pp.499-504, 2009.
• V. Gazis, A. Kousaridas, C. Polychronopoulos, T. Raptis, N. Alonistioti, “Self-Management Capacities in Future Internet Wireless Systems”, The First International Conference on Adaptive and Self-adaptive Systems and Applications (ADAPTIVE), pp. 9-14, 2009.
• A. Kousaridas and N. Alonistioti, “Topology Control in self-Managed Wireless Networks”, Proc. The 2nd International Conference of Mobile and Lightweight Wireless Systems – MOBILIGHT, 2010.
• I.P. Chochliouros, E. Sfakianakis, A. Kousaridas, J. Modeker, D. Wagner, A.S. Spiliopoulou, G. Agapiou, et al. “Design and Development of Essential Use-Cases for Self-Management in Future Internet Wireless Networks”, Proc. The 2nd International Conference of Mobile and Lightweight Wireless Systems – MOBILIGHT, 2010.
• A Mihailovic, G. Nguengang, A. Kousaridas, M. Israel, V. Conan, I.P. Chochliouros, M. Belesioti, T. Raptis, D. Wagner, J. Modeker, V. Gazis, R. Schaffer, B. Grabner and N. Alonistioti, “An Approach for Designing Cognitive Self-Managed Future Internet”, Proc. Future Network & Mobile Summit Conference and Exhibition, 2010.
• P. Magdalinos, D. Makris, P. Spapis, C. Papazafeiropoulos, A. Kousaridas, M. Stamatelatos, N. Alonistioti, “Coverage and Capacity Optimization of Self-Managed Future Internet Wireless Networks”, Proc. ServiceWave, pp. 201-202, 2010.
• A. Kousaridas, A. Mihailovic and N. Alonisitioti, “Dynamic Compartment Formation for Coverage Optimization of Cognitive Wireless Networks”, IEEE 21st International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, pp. 2255-2260, 2010.
• P. Magdalinos, A. Kousaridas, P. Spapis, G.Katsikas, N. Alonistioti, “Feedback-based Learning for Self-Managed Network Elements”, IEEE/IFIP International Symposium on Integrated Networks Management, Integrated Network Management, pp. 666-669, 2011.
• S. Szott, M. Wódczak, R.Chaparadza, T. Meriem, K. Tsagkaris, A. Kousaridas et al., “Standardization of an Autonomicity-Enabled Mesh Architecture Framework, from ETSI-AFI Group perspective: Work in Progress”, IEEE Globecom Workshop on Management of Emerging Networks and Services, pp. 847-851, 2012.
• A. Kousaridas, G. Nguengang, J. Boite, V. Conan, V. Gazis, T. Raptis, N. Alonistioti (2010), “An experimental path towards Self-Management for Future Internet Environments”, In Georgios Tselentis, Alex Galis, Anastasius Gavras, Srdjan Krco, Volkmar Lotz, Elena Simperl, Burkhard Stiller, Towards the Future Internet – Emerging Trends from European Research (pp. 95 – 104), Netherlands: IOS Press.
• A. Kousaridas, P. Magdalinos, N. Alonistioti (2011), “Service Provision Evolution in Self-Managed Future Internet Environments”, In. Le Al-Sakib Khan Pathan, Mukaddim Pathan, and Hae Young, Advancements in Distributed Computing and Internet Technologies: Trends and Issues (pp. 112-140), IGI Global.
• A. Kousaridas, G. Katsikas, N. Alonistioti, E. Piri, M. Palola and J. Makinen (2011), “Testing End-to-End Self-Management in a Wireless Future Internet Environment”, In. John Domingue, Alex Galis, Anastasius Gavras, Theodore Zahariadis, Dave Lambert. The Future Internet (pp. 259-270), Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag.
• A. Kousaridas, G. Parissis and T. Apostolopoulos, “An Open Financial Services Architecture based on the use of Intelligent Mobile Devices”, Elsevier Electronic Commerce: Research and Applications (ECRA), 7(2), pp. 232-246, 2008.
• E. N. Efthimiadis, N. Malevris, A. Kousaridas, A. Lepeniotou, N. Loutas, “Non-english web search: an evaluation of indexing and searching the Greek web” Springer Informational Retrieval 12(3), pp. 352-379, 2009.
• P. Magdalinos, A. Kousaridas, P. Spapis, G. Katsikas, N. Alonistioti, “Enhancing a Fuzzy Logic Inference Engine through Machine Learning for a Self-Managed Network”, Springer MONET 16(4), pp. 475-489, 2011.
• M.Wadczak, Tayeb Ben Meriem, B. Radier, R. Chaparadza, K.Quinn, J. Kielthy, B. A. Lee, L. Ciavaglia, K. Tsagkaris, S. Szott, A. Zafeiropoulos, A. Liakopoulos, A. Kousaridas, M. Duault, “Standardizing a reference model and autonomic network architectures for the self-managing future internet” IEEE Network 25(6), pp. 50-56, 2011.
• M. Bouet, G. Nguengang, V. Conan, A. Kousaridas, P. Spapis, N. Alonistioti, “Embedding Cognition in the Wireless Network Management: An experimental perspective” IEEE Communications Magazine, 50(12), pp. 150-160, Dec 2012
• A. Mihailovic, A. Kousaridas, A. Jaron, P. Pangalos, N. Alonistioti, Η. A. Aghvami, “Self-Management of Future Access Networks for dynamic Configuration and Optimisation” Springer Wireless Personal Communications, 72(1), pp. 343-374, 2013.
• K. Tsagkaris, G. Nguengang, A. Galani, I. Gridabenyahia, M. Ghader, A. Kaloxylos, M. Gruber, A. Kousaridas, M. Bouet, S. Georgoulas, A. Bantouna, N. Alonistioti, P. Demestichas “A survey of autonomic networking architectures: towards a Unified Management Framework”, Wiley International Journal of Network Management, 23(6), pp. 402-423, 2013.
• A. Kousaridas, A. Kaloxylos, P. Magdalinos, T. Makris, G. Koudouridis, G. Hedby, N. Alonistioti, “Integrating the Self-Growing Concept in Self-Organizing Networks: Topology Optimization using Motion Sensors”, Wiley International Journal of Network Management, 2014.
Contributions to Standardization Bodies
• ETSI GS AFI 001 V1.1.1 “Autonomic network engineering for the self-managing Future Internet (AFI); Scenarios, Use Cases and Requirements for Autonomic/Self-Managing Future Internet”, June, 2011 [PDF]
• ETSI GS AFI 002 V1.1.1 “Generic Autonomic Network Architecture”, April, 2013. [PDF]
Tutorials and White Papers
• E2R II Scenario on Autonomic Communication Systems for Seamless Experience, 2006
• “Mobile Service Platforms – Architecture Whitepaper” (FP6 Mobile Service Platforms Cluster), 2007
• “Automatic Gear Change for the future Internet”, (Self-NET White Paper), 2008.
• E3 Whitepaper on “Self-x in Radio Access Networks”, 2008. FIREWorks, Whitepaper on “Experimentally driven research”, 2010.
• Self-Management: From automation to cognition”, Tutorial Speaker, FIRE and Living Labs, Lulea, Sweden, July 2009
• Self-Growing aspects in LTE-Advanced, Panel for Future Cellular Networks – LTE-A and Beyond, Vienna, Austria 2011
Μember of IEEE Computer Society
Μember of IEEE Communication Society
IEEE Graduate Student Member since 2005