End-to-End Efficiency (E3) is aiming at integrating cognitive wireless systems in the Beyond 3G (B3G) world, evolving current and future heterogeneous wireless system infrastructures into an integrated, scalble and efficiently managed B3G cognitive system framework from a technical, regulatory, standardisation and business perspective.
The key objective of the E3 project is to design, develop, prototype and showcase solutions for optimised usage of existing and future radio access resources. In particular, more flexible use of frequency spectrum, terminals, base stations and networks is addressed. E3 will provide interoperability, flexibility and scalability between existing legacy and future wireless systems, manage the overall system complexity, and ensure convergence across access technologies, business domains, regulatory domains and geographical regions. E3 will converge both cognitive radios and cognitive networks from technical, business, regulatory and standardisation perspectives.
• E3 SCAN NKUA Demo (05/2010)
• Motorola SAS
• Alcatel-Lucent Deutschland AG
• Agence nationale des Frequences
• Bundesnetzagentur fur Elektrizitat, Gas, Telekommunikation, Post und Eisenbahnen
• Beijing University of Posts and Telcommunictions
• Deutsche Telekom AG
• Ericsson Ab
• Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Foerderung der angewandten Forschung e.V.
• France Telecom SA
• Nokia Corporation
• Office of Communications
• Radio Communicatons Agency Netherlands
• Thales Communications S.A.
• Telefonica Investigacion y Desarrollo S.A. Unipersonal
• Telecom Italia SPA
• Universitat of Politecnica de Catalunya
• University of Athens
• University of Piraeus Research Center
• University of Surrey
• Vrije Universiteit Brussel