Fractals is part of FIWARE Accelerator Programme which aims to help entrepreneurs from traditional industries to capture opportunities coming from a new wave of digitalisation. FIWARE is funded by the EU and supports several “accelerators” which will launch calls for proposals over the next few years. You can see the list of accelerators according to the sector here, each one targets slightly different types of projects. Under the heading “Agrifood” you’ll find SmartAgriFood, FRACTALS and more.
FRACTALS aims to support innovative ICT SMEs and web-entrepreneurs to develop FIWARE-based applications which address the needs of the agricultural sector. FIWARE technology is an open, public and royalty-free architecture and a set of open specifications for digital applications. 50-60 SMEs and web-entrepreneurs will be able to benefit from 50,000€-150,000 € worth of funding. The FRACTALS call will have an additional focus on the Balkans and South East Europe and will be published on 30 November 2014 (until 28 February 2015). More info here.
- The Development Fund of the Autonomous Province Vojvodina
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- DLO (NL), BioSense Center
- Association of ICT Companies of Northern Greece
- Vojvodina ICT Cluster
- YASAD Software Industrialists Association
- Bulgarian Association of Software Companies