Courses (Academic Experience as Adjunct Professor)
- Advanced Communication Networks 2019-2020, Master of Science (MSc), Graduate Program, Department of Informatics and Telecommunications, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Winter Semester 2018-2019
- Advanced Communication Networks 2018-2019, Master of Science (MSc), Graduate Program, Department of Informatics and Telecommunications, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Winter Semester 2019-2020
- WO2017137089A1, World Intellectual Property Organization, EP 2016/052963, European Patent Office, “User Equipment Profiling for Network Administration”, A. Kaloxylos, P.Spapis, C. Zhou, S. Barmpounakis, N. Alonisitioti
- WO2017211415A1, World Intellectual Property Organization, EP 2016/063081, European Patent Office, “Context Information Processor, Profile Distribution Unit and Method for a Communication Network”, A. Kaloxylos, P.Spapis, C. Zhou, S. Barmpounakis, N. Alonisitioti
- M. Luis, S. Sargento, J. Ortiz, J. Santa, P. Fernandez, M. G. Perez, G. M. Perez, S. Barmpounakis, Nancy Alonistioti, et al., “Exploring Cloud Virtualization over Vehicular Networks with Mobility Support ”, Book chapter in “Connected and Autonomous Vehicles in Smart Cities”, CRC-Taylor&Francis, Boca Raton, Florida, USA.
- S. Barmpounakis, N. Alonistioti, “A survey of existing testbeds for Programmable Networks”, Programmable Network Architecture and Protocols, Wiley 5G REF: The Essential 5G Reference Online, by John Wiley & Sons, publication date: December 2019.
Refereed Journal Publications
- S. Barmpounakis, G. Tsiatsios, M. Papadakis, et al., “Collision Avoidance in 5G using MEC and NFV: The Vulnerable Road User safety use case”, The International Journal of Computer and Telecommunications Networking (Computer Networks Journal), Elsevier, Vol. 172, 8 May 2020, 107150, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2020.107150
- A. Kousaridas, A. Schimpe, S. Euler, X. Vilajosana, M. Fallgren, G. Landi, F. Moscatelli, S. Barmpounakis, et al., “5G Cross-Border Operation for Connected and Automated Mobility: Challenges and Solutions”, MDPI Future Internet Journal, Special Issue “5G-V2X Communications and Networking for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles”, December 2019, https://doi.org/10.3390/fi12010005.
- S. Barmpounakis, N. Maroulis, M. Papadakis, et al., “Network Slicing – enabled RAN Management for 5G: Cross Layer Control based on SDN and SDR”, The International Journal of Computer and Telecommunications Networking (COMNET Journal), Elsevier, DOI: 10.1016/j.comnet.2019.106987, November 2019.
- S. Barmpounakis, A. Kaloxylos, P. Spapis, C. Zhou, P. Magdalinos, N. Alonistioti, “Data Analytics for 5G Networks: A complete framework for network access selection and traffic steering”, International Journal On Advances in Telecommunications, IARIA, Vol. 11, Issue 3&4, December 2018
- S.Barmpounakis, A. Kaloxylos, P. Spapis, N. Alonistioti, «Context-aware, user-driven, network-controlled RAT selection for 5G networks», The International Journal of Computer and Telecommunications Networking (COMNET Journal), Elsevier, Vol. 113, pp. 124-147, 2017.
- P. Magdalinos, S.Barmpounakis, P. Spapis, A. Kaloxylos, et al., «A Context Extraction and Profiling Engine for 5G Network Resource Mapping», The International Journal for the Computer and Telecommunications Industry (COMCOM Journal), Elsevier, Vol. 109, pp. 184-201, September 2017.
- D. Calabuig, S.Barmpounakis, et al., «Resource and Mobility Management in the Network Layer of 5G Cellular Ultra-Dense Networks», IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 55, Issue: 6, pp 162-169, 2017.
- S. Barmpounakis, A. Kaloxylos, A. Groumas et al., «Management & Control applications in Agriculture domain via a Future Internet Business-to-Business Platform», Information Processing in Agriculture Journal (IPA), Vol. 2, Issue 1, pp. 51-63, May 2015
- S. Arkoulis, D-E. Spanos, S. Barmpounakis, A. Zafeiropoulos, N. Mitrou, “Cognitive radio-aided wireless sensor networks for emergency response”, IOPscience Journal, November 2010.
- C. Papagianni, J. Mangues-Bafalluy, P. Bermudez, S. Barmpounakis, et al., “5Growth: AI-driven 5G for Automation in Vertical Industries”, 2020 European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC), accepted May 2020.
- S. Barmpounakis, A. Kaloxylos, P. Spapis, N. Alonistioti, “COmpAsS: A Context-Aware, User-Oriented RAT Selection Mechanism in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks”, Mobility 2014, Fourth International Confrence on Mobile Services, Resources, and Users, July 20-24 – 2014, Paris, France
- A. Kaloxylos, S. Barmpounakis, P. Spapis, N. Alonistioti, “An efficient RAT selection mechanism for 5G cellular networks”, International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference, 4-8 August 2014, Nicosia, Cyprus
Conference Demo Sessions
- S. Barmpounakis, N. Maroulis, G. Tsiatsios, M. Papadakis, “Cross Layer Control (CLC) based on SDN and SDR towards 5G Heterogeneous Networks”, Fed4FIRE+ Engineering Conference (FEC), October 2017, Volos, Greece
- S. Barmpounakis, K. Wac, “Deriving Connectivity and Application Usage Patterns From Longitudinal Mobile Phone Usage Data (2012)”, MDC Workshop, Pervasive 2012, July 2012 Newcastle
- “5G Automotive Vision”, October 2015, link [October 2015]: https://5g-ppp.eu/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/5G-PPP-White-Paper-on-Automotive-Vertical-Sectors.pdf
- S. Barmpounakis, A. Groumas, Invited talk and session charing in “Smart Greenhouse Management & Control on FIspace B2B platform”, Smart AgriMatics conference, Paris, June 2014
- S. Barmpounakis, K. Wac, “QoSIS – Quality of Service Information System”, TIGERS (Technology of Information for Geographic and Environment Research and Studies), Institute of Science Services, Geneva, November 2012
TPC Member/Reviewer in
- IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC)
- IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications
- IEEE Access
- ΙΕΕΕ Vehicular Communications
- Elsevier Vehicular Communications
- International Journal of Communication Systems – Wiley Library
- IARIA, MOBILITY 2015, The 5th Intl. Conference on Mobile Services, Resources, and Users
- International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC 2014)
Supervisor of MSc/BSc theses
- A. Zafeiri, T. Patapis, “Smart Living”, 11/2019
- V. Kostantakopoulos, “Sense City”, 10/2019
- C. Kitsanelis, “An architecture and implementation of IoT (LoRa-based) networks, interworking with SDN-enabled LTE systems”, 07/2019
- S. Patsou, “Street Advisor: An trajectory prediction-based Road Safety application for Vulnerable Road Users”, 03/2019
- N. Leonidakis, “Context awareness and related challenges: A comprehensive evaluation study for a context-based RAT selection scheme towards 5G networks”, 03/2017
- Α. Gkroumas, “IoT application development in the context of a Future Internet Business-to-Business collaboration platform”, 07/2016
- A. Kalyva, “Challenges towards Wireless 5G Systems: Experimental Evaluation of Network Environment Parameters of 4G Ultra Dense Networks”, 07/2016
- M. P. Kynigos, “Adapting Future Cellular Networks for Heterogeneous Network Topology Interoperation”, 04/2016
- D. Stavlas, “A novel smart Battery Consumption application for Android smartphones”, 11/2014
- G. Regkas, “An Android application for Environment Sensing and WLAN APs mapping”, 01/2014
- E. Skandalellis, A. Valsamis, “Indoor Positioning methods investigation using WiFi technology”, 01/2014