The SmartAgriFood project addresses farming, agri-logistics and food informatics as an extreme use case for the Future Internet. The intelligence, efficiency, sustainability and performance of the agri-food sector can be radically enhanced by using information & decision support systems that are tightly integrated with advanced internet-based networks & services. Concurrently, the sector provides extremely demanding use cases for Future Internet design from physical layer all the way up to the service layer. This project will focus on three sub systems of the sector – smart farming, focussing on sensors and traceability; smart agri-logistics, focusing on real-time virtualisation, connectivity and logistics intelligence; and smart food awareness, focussing on transparency of data and knowledge representation. Using a user-centred methodology, the use case
specification will be developed with a particular focus on transparency and interoperability of data and knowledge across the food supply chain. Project results will include:
-Use Case descriptions for smart farming, including sophisticated and robust broadband sensing and monitoring of animals and plants
-Use Case descriptions for smart agri-logistics, including intelligent transport and real-time logistics of agri-food products
-Use Case descriptions of smart food awareness, focussing enabling the consumer with information concerning safety, health, environmental impact and animal welfare
-Identification of generic requirements for the generic enablers
-Extensive community and user organisation involvement both in requirements gathering, pilot demonstration, and evaluation
-Specification of interfaces and functionalities for integration to Core Platform,
-Significant contributions to standardisation and regulatory bodies in Europe.
Key features of SmartAgriFood concepts will be demonstrated and verified by simulations and experimental
systems within this project and by large scale demonstration in Phase II.
• STICHTING DIENST LANDBOUWKUNDIG ONDERZOEK
• INSTITUT FÜR ANGEWANDTE SYSTEMTECHNIK BREMEN GMBH
• NEDERLANDSE ORGANISATIE VOOR TOEGEPAST NATUURWETENSCHAPPELIJK ONDERZOEK – TNO
• CentMa GmbH
• ATOS ORIGIN SOCIEDAD ANONIMA ESPANOLA
• ARIADNA SERVICIOS INFORMATICOS SL
• Huawei Technologies Duesseldorf GmbH
• MAA JA ELINTARVIKETALOUDEN TUTKIMUSKESKUS
• KURATORIUM FUER TECHNIK UND BAUWESEN IN DER LANDWIRTSCHAFT E.V.
• NATIONAL AND KAPODISTRIAN UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS
• UNIVERSIDAD POLITECNICA DE MADRID
• Campden BRI Magyarorszag Nonprofit Korlatolt Felelossegu Tarsasag
• ASTON UNIVERSITY
• TEKNOLOGIAN TUTKIMUSKESKUS VTT
• PAYMENT AND CONTROL AGENCY FOR GUIDANCE AND GUARANTEE COMMUNITY AIDS
• DEERE & COMPANY CORPORATION
• WAGENINGEN UNIVERSITEIT
• EHI Retail Institute GmbH
• GS1 Germany GmbH
• SGS ICS Ibérica, S.A.
• Condis Supermercats, S.A.