The Software Centric & Autonomic Networking (SCAN) group is a pioneering lab in the Dept. of Informatics & Telecommunications of the National & Kapodistrian University of Athens (UoA). SCAN has been involved in numerous EU and national projects, (ACTS WAND, RAINBOW; IST FP5 WINE, MOBIVAS, EURO-CITI, VIDEO-GATEWAY, BROADWAY, POLOS, ANWIRE; IST FP6 E2R I, II, LIAISON; ICT FP7 E3, Self-NET, SACRA, CONSERN, Where2, UNIVERSELF, METIS; (FI PPP) SmartAgriFood, FISPACE; CIP LiveCity, SPECIFI) and have acquired technical and management skills in the areas of Mobile/Wireless Communications, Advanced Applications and Services, Self-organising, Reconfigurable and Cognitive Radio Systems, and Green communications. SCAN researchers have been actively striving for wide-area dissemination of research results through ETSI AFI, ETSI RRS, IEEE P1900, UMTS Forum, 3GPP, DMTF, and TMF. The SCAN Lab operates under the supervision of Ass. Prof. Nancy Alonistioti.
Our Research Interests Include:
- Mobile/Wireless Communications (LTE, Broadband Radio Access Networks, IP networking)
- M2M and D2D communications
- Energy Efficient Networking
- Software-Defined Networks (SDN) – Network Function Virtualisation (NFV)
- Network Management
- Autonomic and Cognitive Communications
- Big Data Analysis
- Future Internet Services
- Advanced Applications and Services
- Smart Cities
- Agri-food sector and Smart farming
- (Mobile) Clouds and Cloud Brokering
- Application Delivery Networking
Permission to make digital or hard copies of part or all of these works for personal or classroom use is granted without fee provided that copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage. The electronic version of some of the works available from this site may differ from the definitive published version.